Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Jawa 500 OHC - Forum

1952-1958

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 18 Antworten
und wurde 1.830 mal aufgerufen
 English section
Jawa 500 Offline

Jawa Profi

14.10.2009 14:15
Welcome antworten

Hello and welcome to all english speaking Jawa 500 OHC Fans and owners around the world!

I opened this special section in our Forum to communicate with the many international Jawa 500 OHC owners, but feel free to write in every section of the Forum in english too. I hope we all can share our information about our bikes to keep them on the road (and @ Greg: on the racetracks)!

The Forum lives from text and pictures, so please tell us something about you and your bikes and show us some pictures!

When I find some time, i´ll change the complete Forums heads and themes to a bilingual version.

Best Regards, Axel

Jawa Portugal Offline

Jawa Profi

26.10.2009 02:36
#2 RE: Welcome antworten

Hi Axel!!
Well done!!
Great news for Jawa fans from all over the world who need to exchange and share useful information about this fantastic machines.
Keep going!!

Best Regards from Portugal

Ricardo

Greg Offline

Jawa Anfänger

10.11.2009 01:09
#3 RE: Welcome antworten

Thank you,
Now all we have to do is get the message out there to all the English speaking Jawa owners!
I will do my best.
Cheers,
Greg in Adelaide
South Australia

Gast
01.12.2009 20:30
#4 RE: Welcome antworten

Hello, the English version would be a great idea, looking forward to being able to read all the information in the forum.
Regards.
Rob.
Queensland. Australia

jawa power Offline

Jawa Profi

01.12.2009 23:18
#5 RE: Welcome antworten

Hey guys.
Nice to get some reactions out of other contrys. It will be nice if you can attach some pictures from your bikes and some informations about frame and engine numbers. We collect all the information in a list, try to follow the production numbers and try to compare it with the manufacturing date. I never seen before a 500 OHC with australien license plate. Go ahead and send us some stuff.
Thanks and best regards from all germann Jawa drivers
Franko

Julchen Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

04.01.2010 18:35
#6 RE: Welcome antworten

Hello,

following dealer habe a website in english language: http://www.motoren.sk.
You can find there part for Jawa and CZ.

Till now i have no experience with their quality, but i will visiting them in the future.

Hartmut

Dale Offline

Jawa Anfänger

12.11.2010 16:50
#7 RE: Welcome antworten

Hi Axel. Very nice to have an English Section, thank you.I have been looking for one of these bikes for a number of years, and finally found one recently.Fully restored 1958 /02, serial number 15005184 -- must be a very late one.Have not been out on it yet, just waiting for a good day. Cheers from Vancouver Canada, Dale.

Dave Morris Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

20.02.2012 11:04
#8 RE: Welcome felow sufferer antworten

Got a JAWA 500 OHC

Dave Morris Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

21.02.2012 01:27
#9 RE: Welcome felow sufferer antworten

Got a JAWA 500 OHC taking up space in my workshop I was going to share it with you all but cant get it to paste on this page But like the JAWA ia am working on it .
well I got the pictures over here the bloke Victor that started this build from that woodern mock up over 30 years beforehand .
I am now finishing the work he started so long ago to make it a rideable show bike he would be proud of .
thanks to Greg Sommerton & others along the way for info & help as not many of these made it down under to Australia .
Ignorance has killed many before the NET arrived & we could find a cure for that .

TC

Dave Morris Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

03.05.2012 11:26
#10 RE: Welcome felow sufferer antworten

Well I am still waiting for throttel slides to come from the UK meanwhile I have made a ainti drain back valve that is holding back 5 Lt of engine oil at the moment as the oil pump was passing oil straight through the gear pump in a month 5 Lt would make its way to the crankcase . I am making a racing stand that will hold the rear wheel clear of the floor so when I finaly start the beast up I will be able to run the transmition & load the engine with the back brake to bed the rings & get some heat into things & tune the engine before I goes to my friends Dyno for load break in cycles & see what needs more work .
New carburetor float assemblies have been fasioned manifold shortened to gain acces to the carbys for jeting & tuneing that was not posible the way it was set up by its maker looking forward to making a noise soon as the parts arrive 3 months have passed but I am asured that this week they will be posted ???
TC

Dave Morris Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

24.06.2012 09:47
#11 RE: Welcome felow sufferer antworten

OK time has marched on & the job is still on going I have since machined & fitted seals to the magneto & its engine mounting hardware after I found it to be faulty so it got converted to just breaker points opperation & battery ignition system twin output ignition coil fires top & bottom each stroke no worries with a good spark after costing a magy rebuild it can wait .
Tha tt10 throttel slide's & other AMAL bits needed after a 3 months wait it was all got to start up .
filled the oil tank earlier to test my anti drain back valve & found it still leaked so the spring got tensioned a little more .
I spun the engine over by hamd with the rear wheel the oil pump returned oil OK so after taking a guess at the ignition timing I set it at 38 Deg BTDC put it on the race bike starter a friend loaned me & spun it to life WOW the wife ran from the workshop holding her ears all the local dogs started barking as I tryed to get neutral was the clutch is draging a little so I stopped it 30 seconds was enough to know I had more work to do when the oil started dripping of the crankcase so I had still more work .
With all the oil retained in the engine now & breathers working great carburetors ajusted leaner & ignition timing advanced still more & a mate in the shed to help me last week we fired it up yet again sounded good but still rich down low ignition timing geting close to what it needs some whare over 40 Deg i think I gave it a few good revs after no oil apeared to be leaking & it sounded awsom with thoes big straight through pipes it ran for several minutes then made a funny sound spat back & stopped with a clunk & somthing hit my leg as it flew from the engine it had spat the coupling on the camshaft top end breaking the retaining nut & its seals & damaging the cover tube a little we put it on the stand & went to the PUB .
its now the 24/06/ 12 I have repaired the tube made a new tube nut & seals I found that one sleve that holde the couplings in line was a home made thing & that the shaft had been turned down a little on one end so it could be slid back & you can take the shart out & all it gear without taking the cylinder head off but I had assembeled it with this end up so after time & use it worked its way down & the shaft fell out .
That wont happen again as its now the right way up & got loctite on its surfaces .
OK next week it will get another start up when all my neibours are at work .
I will see what other traps Victor has set me ,
TC

david morris ( Gast )
10.05.2013 11:44
#12 RE: Welcome felow sufferer antworten

Well I am back at the 500 OHC agaim took a break to think about lube problems & oil leaks found lots of things wrong with too much oil pressure being a real problem I think i have found most of thoes the main being missing parts from the timing case & reliefe valve area all wrong .
The return pumps could not clear the cases as no oil was being by passed at the reliefe valve timing case was floded to .
I anm testing the new valves on the bench & will set the pressure before I retime the ignition & replace the cam timing gear& set the clearances of the bevil drive .
That enough for now .
TC

1502 Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

04.01.2014 11:21
#13 RE: Welcome antworten

Hello,

Here is a Jawa 1500 in March 2012 when I bought it. It had been with same owner since 1957 but was sold due to age. It was bought in 1957 from a Swedish TT driver, Nisse Jönsson in Stockholm. He intended to make it to a TT machine but came to other thoughts (luckily). The "new" owner used it now and then until 1965. The speedo shows 6000 km.
After several parts orders from Motoren and helpful Jawa Freunde it became ready to run in March 2013! Pic from May 2013 before registration. The registration process is another long story.

Greetings,

Jari

1502 Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

04.01.2014 11:23
#14 RE: Welcome antworten

Pics

Angefügte Bilder:
P1020037.JPG   P1020038_cr.jpg   P1020695.JPG   P1040283sm.jpg  
hupfie Offline

Jawa Profi

04.01.2014 12:42
#15 RE: Welcome antworten

nix verständing.gruß hupfie

Jawa 500 Offline

Jawa Profi

08.01.2014 01:16
#16 RE: Welcome antworten

Hello Jari,

this is a very nice restoration and rare bike!

Best regards

Axel

Mit ölverschmiertem Gruß, Axel

jawa power Offline

Jawa Profi

09.01.2014 00:43
#17 RE: Welcome antworten

What is the number on frame an engine??
Best regards and congratulation because the bike.
good job

franko

1502 Offline

Jawa Fortgeschrittener

09.01.2014 06:27
#18 RE: Welcome antworten

Hallo,

Thank You! The information is in Jawa register page 3 (4th last, in Jan2014)
Rahmennummer: 15-00614-52
Motornummer: *15 00614-52*

Somebody told me the frame and engine number is one of the very last... Maybe somebody can confirm?

Kind Regards,

Jari

jawa power Offline

Jawa Profi

10.01.2014 11:54
#19 RE: Welcome antworten

one of the last what ??
With the worm gear motor......maybe....
I dont know....
Franko

«« 58 for sale
 Sprung  

Willkommen im Oldtimer Forum für Jawa 500 OHC Motorräder von 1952-1958!

Dies ist ein kostenloses Forum, das alleinig der Erhaltung und Pflege von Jawa 500 OHC Motorrädern und der Kommunikation der Fans dieser Modelle untereinander dienen soll. Gäste können alle Beiträge lesen und beantworten, aber keine eigenen Themen erstellen. Die volle Funktionalität steht nur Mitgliedern zur Verfügung, die sich vorher mit Ihrer e-mail Adresse kostenlos angemeldet und den Link in der Bestätigungs e-mail angeklickt haben. Die Anmeldungsdaten werden beim Host des Forums gespeichert und nicht für Werbung oder ähnliche Zwecke verwendet. ACHTUNG! Das Einstellen von Bildern (Fotos, Screenschots...), die nicht nachweislich selbst erstellt, vom Urheberrechtsinhaber freigegeben oder frei von Rechten Dritter sind, ist ausdrücklich untersagt. Das Einstellen politischer oder sittenwidriger Inhalte ist ebenfalls untersagt. Der Betreiber des Forums ist nicht verantwortlich für den Inhalt von verlinkten Seiten!

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de